Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wedding Flowers

Countdown has begun! T minus 78 days...if I did my math right haha! I wanted to show you something that I have been working on.



These fabric flowers are going to be the flowers in my bouquet and centerpieces..and maybe even more depending on how fast I can get them done! so far I can make about 20 a week so I think that's a good start. I have been making them out of remnant fabric (no worries about color either since I have no specific "wedding colors" more on that later). I learned how to make these from this web post http://www.craft2style.com/designnsew-others/8-others/284-sewfabricflower, however mine are less detailed and used buttons for centers!

Here is my Tutorial, I'd love to see pictures if you try to make them!

With a rather large circle template cut three circles. (I used a Rubbermaid lid, and then a few cardboard circles for different sizes, make sure they are rather large at first because you'll be surprised at how little these petals can get!)





Cut the diameter of these circles to make six half circles




fold on the reverse side, sew up that side, by hand or sewing machine.



Right side out, sew up the bottom















by hand sewing, make large stitches and pull thread to create pleats.



Do this until you have all six in petal form




connect all petals together and make sure they all stay in place, I usually circle around a few times to make sure its strong.



add a button and your done, it's just that simple!

1 comment:

  1. How neat! I love fabric flowers - I wish I'd had some at my wedding!

    78 days will fly by!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete